This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

AsyncDiagnostics dependencies

Nov 6, 2013 at 10:41 PM
Very excited about the AsyncDiagnostics package ... I've not used PostSharp previously, but it looks like the library should work with the free "Express" version ... is that the case?

Of course "why don't you try it and see?"... well I installed post-sharp but it appears to be "Pro" for 45 days and I'm not sure if things will stop working 45 days from now :-)
Nov 7, 2013 at 2:39 AM
Edited Nov 7, 2013 at 2:39 AM
I've gotten an ambiguous answer back from PostSharp support about this. I think the AsyncDiagnostics will work fine with a free license once 3.1 is released.

Right now (with the 3.1 prerelease), it does work with a free license. However, they have stated that async support will be a Professional level feature, so that may not be true once 3.1 goes public.

You can contact PostSharp to get a free license key and install that, which will switch you out of the trial into the free mode. I developed and tested the current (1.0.1) version of AsyncDiagnostics with a free license key.

-Steve