This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

What breaks Xamarin.Mac support?

Jul 8, 2014 at 6:16 AM
Edited Jul 8, 2014 at 6:17 AM
Hi, I'm using MvvmCross for a WPF project with a mind to a possible Xamarin.Mac port in the future.

I noticed you mentioned lack of Xamarin.Mac support in this StackOverflow post and mention AsyncEx. It is also not listed on the homepage for this CodePlex project.

I did some searching and it seems Xamarin.Mac has support for the async keyword, so I was wondering if this is still the case? If so, where is the problem and what is the likelihood of it being fixed in the future?

Thanks. Also, thanks for your great articles and this library looks very interesting. I just have to figure out what I can do with it, apart from the very interesting NotifyTaskCompletion I have started playing with :)
Coordinator
Jul 26, 2014 at 1:13 AM
Actually, I don't remember why Xamarin.Mac wasn't supported; it seems to me it might have had something to do with one of the supporting libraries (such as Microsoft.Bcl.Async). I know Xamarin's support for async/await and PCLs is pretty new, and it's been rocky for quite a while. I believe it stabilized a few months ago.

I'll look into Xamarin.Mac support for AsyncEx; at the very least, I'll have to update my Xamarin license. :)

-Steve